Frequently Asked Questions
Is MEANS a registered 501(c)(3) organization?
- MEANS is a tax-exempt 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization base in Illinois, USA. Look up MEANS from IRS's Exempt Organizations Select Check Status.
What is the Tax ID of MEANS?
- EIN: 23-7258008 |
How do I give to MEANS?
- Visit our Ways to Give page for additional information.
What is the mailing address for check donations?
- You can write a check payable to "MEANS" and mail your checks to the following address:
Mission East Asian National Support
P.O. Box 8434
Bartlett, IL 60103
Note: Make sure to include your designations using your previous donation receipts. For NEW donors, please use a separate sheet indicating to which ministry/church you want to give.
When do you process my gift?
- MEANS process your donations every 3rd Saturday of the Month. Please allow enough time to reach to our postal box by Friday before the 3rd Saturday of the month. Otherwise, your gift will be processed the following month.
How do I indicate the designation of my gift?
- For check gifts, send an email to [email protected] with your name, address and the designation(s) and their corresponding amount(s). For existing donors, we will use the same designation as your previous gift, unless you notify us otherwise. If you have changes in the allocation of your gift, please send the details to [email protected]. Please help us process your gifts correctly by being clear with your designation(s).
- For online giving, you can follow the steps below or send an email to [email protected] with your designation(s) and their corresponding amount(s).
With Online donation through our online Give Form
1. Click on Give on the menu of our webpage or the Give Online icon.
2. Fill-out the Give Form accordingly. (Picture of the form is shown below)
3. In the Additional Information section of the online donation form, make sure to enter your designation using the instruction for your gift field. Please indicate the Ministry/Church Name and the project name and the corresponding amount.
When Giving through Paypal
1. After you have entered you payment information or you have logged into Paypal, click on Review your Donation and Continue.
2. On the review page, click on the Tell us the designation of your Donation link (with Green arrow).
3. It will open the text field and enter the corresponding designation of your gift.
What are the fees for processing my gift?
MEANS Admin Fee Policy: The administrative fee is 6% applicable to ALL donations. The administrative fee will be capped at $1,000.00 per gift. Individual donations under $16,666.67 will have a rate of 6%.
Applicable fees for Donation through Online Giving form:
Online Payment service fees: (for online gifts only)
Your gift through our online giving form will be subject to Online payment service fee of (Credit Cards: 3.95% + $0.25) or (eCheck/ACH: 1.95% + $0.50) per transaction. MEANS will process your total gift before the online payment service fees.
Applicable fees for Paypal Donations:
Gift submitted through Paypal will be subject to paypal fees 2.2% + $0.30 per transaction. Donations from outside the U.S. will be subject with Cross-Border Standard Rate of 3.2% + $0.30 per transaction. MEANS will process your net gift amount or after your gift is subjected with corresponding Paypal fees